Saturday, March 22, 2008

A year ago - snow?

Hard to believe that on this weekend a year ago -- OK, it was even later, in April, but it was Easter Weekend -- I stood in the Outfield Club cheering on the Demon softball team and watched snow flurries.

Heavy snow flurries. The Demon baseball team was playing at home the same weekend and there was a little thought given, I heard, to a snow delay because the baseball was white and of course, so were the snowflakes.

It didn't last more than 10-15 minutes, but it was quite a sight. And quite a difference, as today is absolutely beautiful and spring has sprung, no doubt.

It's also odd that for the first time that I can remember, NSU is not hosting any spring sports activity on Easter weekend.

Last night I wished we had been at home when AD Greg Burke sent me a text reporting that Denny Choate had turned an unassisted triple play at Southeastern. THAT would have been neat to see! Talk about finding the Golden Egg (which always evaded me in my Easter Egg hunting days) ...

Happy Easter!

Doug Ireland, SID

No comments: