Sunday, July 12, 2009

Small World

Put this one under the "it's a small world" category.

At the same time, it reinforces my ongoing belief (and something I stress to our coaches and staff all of the time) that wearing NSU apparel as often as possible truly is a marketing vehicle for NSU Athletics.

My wife and I ventured north of Hot Springs, AR, this past Saturday to pick up our daughter from Brookhill Ranch Camp, which by the way is an outstanding camp which teaches young people Christian principles and reinforces the things that many parents teach their children every day. But I digress.

As I stood at the closing ceremony wearing my NSU t-shirt, a woman approached me and identified herself as the aunt of former Demon kicker Robert Weeks. We had a good visit about Robert, how much he enjoyed NSU, and how much I respect Robert and his family. Short and sweet but still meaningful.

On that day, because somebody saw an NSU t-shirt, they thought about our program when they otherwise might not have. There certainly is value in that and the more it happens, the higher the profile of NSU Athletics.

Greg Burke
Athletic Director

No comments: