Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Knowing what you're eating

It's good.

That's my No. 1 point of identification for what I eat. If it tastes great, I really don't need to know what's in it. Or even what it is. That's a good rule of thumb in these parts, considering sometimes what goes into dishes.

But even I should be able to tell the difference between chili and taco soup.

But it was good, and that was enough for me.

That cooking contest written about below - the dish of dispute was taco soup.

I want more now.

I just saw my buddy Coach Black enjoying more, so contrary to reports, not ALL of the taco soup was consumed at the pot luck supper Sunday evening. Just all of the soup that was brought TO the supper was wiped out ...

So, an appeal ... to taco soup queen April Offutt, and to runner-up finishers Lisa Cooley (wife of offensive coordinator Todd) and Leslie Larose (girlfriend of defensive line assistant Carey Melvin) ... if you have leftovers, the Daily Demon ain't too proud to beg!

PS - I split my vote 1/3, 1/3 and 1/3. It was ALL great!

No comments: