Monday, March 19, 2007

A little gift for you

On St. Patrick’s Day 2007, I got asked more about the NSU Demons’ basketball win over Iowa a year earlier in the NCAA Tournament than I was asked if I am Irish or why I wasn’t wearing green.

It was great; my family originated in County Cork, and while on the field for the spring football scrimmage and attending the softball doubleheader against green-clad Southeastern, I didn’t think green was a good wardrobe choice! After dark, when attending the wedding anniversary party for former Demon cheerleader Tony Hernandez and his wife Rhonda, I did don the appropriate tone.

Now, a little St. Patrick’s Day gift for you, courtesy of Demon play by play voice Patrick Netherton and Baldridge-Dumas Communications. Patrick makes the call on the Demons’ game-winning play at the end of the 64-63 win over Iowa. I’m the guy hollering “yes” a few times and mentioning the glass slipper girl.

For the record, I brought her up for the first time at the 8-minute timeout when the Demons were down by 17. I knew what they could do – I’d seen it before, just not on such a big stage.

Enjoy the .mp3 file of the greatest moment in NSU sports history. If you have trouble downloading it, e-mail me ( ireland@nsula.edu) and I’ll send it to you directly.

Click here to listen

Doug Ireland, SID

No comments: