Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The juices are flowing

The NSU Demons have TREMENDOUS fans.

Many of the most passionate take the time to contact us and share their pride and excitement. One friend in Baton Rouge, whose business is having "school colors day" Friday, is really juiced up.

His bosses have all the staff offering some witticisms as to why they will be sporting their school colors on Friday. I bet nobody tops this by my buddy Glenn Paddie:

"I’ll be wearing purple, but it will be trimmed in orange and white….no it’s not Clemson, but does pack 1-AA kryptonite….shout out to Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, LA. Yeah, yeah…I hear the groans from the big time fans, but just call me the loyalty man. Staying true cause I have to!!!!!!"

He is not alone, not by a long shot!

We had nearly 80 people packed into the Stroud Room today for the first Demon QB Club luncheon, eager to see the excitement unfold Saturday at Turpin Stadium. The group also heard from volleyball coach Brittany Uffelman, soccer coach Jimmy Mitchell and soccer standout Gabby Assayag, who previewed their season opening games away from home upcoming this weekend.

Doug Ireland, SID

No comments: